For the crumble:
- 1 cup whole oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup raw pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the filling:
- 6-7 sweet apples, skins on (I used crab apples and didn't measure, but used about 12-15 crab apples)
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
For the maple cashew cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBS Grade B maple syrup (I used Grade A because I couldn't find Grade B)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 10.5" by 7" casserole dish.
- Core and chop apples and mix with tapioca flour and cinnamon.
- ut the crumble ingredients into a food processor and mix until the ingredients stick together.
- Lay the apples out in the dish and top with the crumble mixture.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the maple cashew cream mixture in a food processor.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle cashew cream mixture on top.